Cheerful Festive Cookies Recipe!
Cookies are a delightful, inexpensive way of saying happy holidays to everyone you love. This year, treat them to these thin and crispy sand cookies. Fairly easy to make, but really hard to stop eating!
½ pound of real butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 eggs, separated
3 cups all-purpose flour
ICING & DECORATION
1/4 cup icing sugar mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Beat the egg whites stiff.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until it’s very soft. Add sugar and beat again until it’s fluffy. Add the salt, and vanilla. Then beat the egg yolks and add them too.
- Fold in the egg whites, but not completely. You should still be able to see some of the white patches.
- Add in the flour 1½ cups at a time.
- Chill overnight. (Both you and the dough).
- The next day, take out a coin size amount of dough at a time, keep the rest of the dough in the refrigerator.
- Roll it out very thin and use your fingers & creativity or a cookie cutter to make it a cute shape.
- Bake 9-10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius, don’t let them get too brown.
- Leave them to cool completely on wire racks.
For the icing, mix icing or powdered sugar, a little water and cinnamon together. Brush the cookies with it and add the pearls. You can also dust them with powdered sugar or just stick pearls on them with a small drop of icing.