Here at Brabantia, the onset of summer means one thing. Brush down the BBQ, get cooking and enjoy that relaxed summer vibe.
Bursting with BBQ ideas, our Tasty Colour collection of kitchen utensils brings a real pop of colour to cooking outside. Their bright and vibrant colours also ensure you never lose your utensils. From stainless steel spatulas in delicious mint to bright orange tongs, tangy coloured corkscrews and that all important bottle opener, Tasty Colour utensils fit the BBQ bill.
Whether you’re a charcoal fan, or prefer to cook on gas, here’s some simple BBQ recipes and top tips to get you inspired and get cooking.
- If you’re a fan of Indian food, why not ditch your traditional marinade and mix up some natural yoghurt with ready-prepared chicken tikka spice mix, a clove of garlic and a squeeze of lemon? Marinate for as long as you can – the longer the better – then thread on skewers and you’re good to go.
- Have a go at making your own burgers – if you just buy some mince and add salt and pepper they will taste so much better than anything you can buy. But, always choose meat with some fat in to give you that extra juicy flavour. Why not finely chop an onion and slowly cook this for half an hour before adding to your mince with some Dijon or sweet mustard and a few herbs? We promise you, the humble burger will never be the same again.
- A great tip for cooking fish. Always wrap it in tin foil and placed on several lemon slices. This prevents the fish from sticking and tastes delicious.
- Quick and easy. Throw some aromatic herbs on your burning hot coals for extra flavour. Rosemary is great with meat, chicken and vegetables; and sage works well with game and sausages.
- Retain some of your marinade and brush your meat or fish with every 10 minutes when it’s cooking to add depth of flavour and keep the meat moist.
- To finish, how about boozy BBQ pineapple? Mix together 4 tbsp rum and brown sugar with one tbsp of cinnamon and half a teaspoon each of ginger nutmeg and cloves. Peel, core and slice the pineapple and marinade for at least one hour, or overnight, if possible. Then simply place the pineapple rings on hot BBQ grill for approx. 15 minutes, turning once. Serve with any remaining marinade juice and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious!
We’re all challenging ourselves to get inventive and embrace BBQ food all summer long. Why not give it a go? We promise you won’t regret it.
With products available on-line or in-store Brabantia’s Tasty Colours collection now features 65 bright, practical and stylish utensils for use in the kitchen and in the garden.
Discover Us On Social
Don’t forget to give us a ‘Like’ on Facebook to keep up-to-date with our latest news, and for foodie and interiors inspiration, you’ll love our Instagram account! We can answer any questions on Twitter too @Brabantialife!