Following the announcement of this year’s fab Mad Blog Awards shortlist, we’ve managed to catch up with the ‘Best Homes & Interiors’ finalists, to discover their top interior tips, favourite trends, personal style and much more!
The five fresh and fashionable bloggers who made it into the finals are The White Approach, Tigerlilly Quinn, Side Street Style, Oh So Amelia and Love Chic Living. Let’s get an insight into their creative world!
- How did you get into the world of interior blogging? Tigerlilly Quinn: I started my blog over four years ago now, initially as a way to showcase my illustrations and designs, it then evolved to more of a lifestyle blog after the birth of my son two and a half years ago, but I still feature my topics of interest such a interior design, fashion and art. I think interiors and homes lends itself very well to the ‘lifestyle’ genre.
- Which aspect of your interior do you feel is vital in making your house feel like a home? Love Chic Living: I think it’s vital to let your personality shine through. Don’t be too led by trends and fashions and make sure your home is a true reflection of who you are.
- Which room in your house do you enjoy spending the most time in? Side Street Style: We spend a lot of time in the living room as there is space for all of us – our son has his toy corner with some cute storage boxes houses all his toys and books and you can also look out through a large window to the garden. We also spend a lot of time in the kitchen which also opens up into the garden and brings a lot of light into the house.
- How would you describe the style of your home? Oh So Amelia: I don’t really have a style as such however I do love shabby chic! I actually asked my readers this question and here’s what they said: Refreshing, very chic and airy!
- What would be your ultimate top interior tip and why? The White Approach: Don’t be afraid to try something different. Why – Because I see far too many homes where people stick to the same style and colours year after year. Their homes get stuck in a time warp. I love white but I am always introducing new trend pieces to bring freshness to my home, I then sell on many of the pieces I no longer love to re-invest back into my home. Mix styles, new and old, create a style that’s unique to you. You would hate to turn up at a party where somebody else is wearing the same dress as you, it’s the same as walking into someone’s home and seeing the same mass produced interior items.
- Which has been your favourite interior trend over the past 5 years? Tigerlilly Quinn: I love the scandi chic trend but I like to take elements from it. I love colour too much for white walls and minimalist furniture but I certainly love the block colours and wooden surfaces.
- How would you describe the style of your home? Love Chic Living: It’s relatively contemporary, fresh and bold in places.
- What would your dream home look like? Side Street Style: Either a Victorian or Georgian property with high ceilings and large windows, originals features and hopefully with a beautiful range in the kitchen and enough space outdoors to have a few vegetable patches, that would be the dream.
- What are your favourite colour palettes? Oh So Amelia: I love pastel and neutral colours in a home so I’d have to say pale pink, white and mint green.
- Have you seen our latest Spring Lookbook? Which is your favourite product from our new collection and why? The White Approach: Would have to be the power of prints Pauline. It’s modern, fresh and beautifully practical.
Thanks to all the finalists for their wonderful interiors tips and insights! Don’t forget to let us know what you think! ‘Like’ us on Facebook and we can answer any questions on Twitter too @Brabantialife.