With Spring almost in the air, the brighter weather is inspiring us to refresh our home interiors. This month we’re looking at living room ideas for interior design and have complied a list featuring 13 beautiful living room interior trends to help you create a space that is stylish, on-trend and contemporary. Let us know what you think!
Living Room Ideas & Interior Design Trends:
- Dreamlike Pastels – Whether it’s through furnishings, accessories or wall colour, soft pastels are the perfect choice when creating a calming living room sanctuary. Just take a look at this dreamy space if you need convincing!
- Back to the 70s – It’s true, trends do travel full circle! We absolutely love this stylishly designed living room that mixes retro wooden furniture with bold patterns.
- Tropical Paradise – Who needs white sandy beaches when you can bring a taste of the tropics to your own living room! Tropical prints are set to be huge this year and what better way to indulge in the trend than incorporating striking leaf art, green colour palettes and bamboo into your home. Take a look here for inspiration.
- Simply Minimal – Not a fan of daring colours and eye-catching prints? Then the minimal approach is the look for you. This living room blends calming shades with very little accessories and furnishings, creating the perfect space to relax.
- Vibrant Neon – By boldly mixing energetic shades, this trend is certain to bring a lively touch to your living room. The style doesn’t have to be limited to wall colour, why not incorporate it into your home through accessories as shown in this stylish living room?
- Country Retreat – Bring a hint of the countryside into your living room by fusing comfy armchairs, chequered throws and natural wood. We love this snug room, nothing feels more like home than a room with a roaring fire!
- Tribal Warrior – Tribal and aztec prints in interiors are rumoured to be big news this year. We love how this living room design merges the patterns with contemporary fixtures. Why not bring the colourful prints into your home?
- Patterned Accessories – If you’re not a fan of exhibiting bold wall patterns, why not incorporate the trend through furnishings and accessories? Patterned accessories are a simple way to refresh a room whenever you desire. Take a look at our brand new Pauline range for a contemporary and stylish accent.
- Glorious Glamour – Through a mixture of glittering gold accessories, enchanting colour shades and striking patterns, this will make you feel like a glamorous 60s film star. We love the vibrance of this living room!
- Enchanting Blues – With Pantone recently announcing both Dazzling and Placid Blue as selections for its Spring Colour Report, there’s never been a better time to incorporate the colour into your living room. We love this perfect blue blend via The Design Files.
- Rustic Nature – A beautiful trend that combines neutral colours with wooden furnishing to create the perfect living room for a lover of the great outdoors. We adore this organic room and how the blocks of wood have created an eye-catching focus point.
- Hypnotising Geometric – With the ability to blend into your living room through wallpaper, paint, furnishings and flooring you can incorporate as much or as little of the trend as you desire. We are huge fans of the style and particularly like the striking statement this living room makes.
- Modern Industrial – Through mixing steel furniture, practical accessories and dark colours, the industrial trend offers the perfect blend of masculine and vintage style for your living room. Take a look here for steel inspiration.
Do you have delightful interior trend or living room ideas?