At Brabantialife we are huge fans of top foodie and parent blogger A Mummy Too, so when she agreed to create a special lavender shortbread to accompany our new T4ONE in lavender we could hardly wait to see the results!
She said: “I love lavender shortbread, so when Brabantia sent us the T4ONE set to review, these perfumed biscuits seemed like the obvious accompaniment.
The T4ONE set is a chic tea set range, which includes a lavender porcelain cup (£8.25), lavender and stainless steel tea strainer (£7.50), pair of stainless steel stirrers (£5.75), and a lavender and stainless steel ‘tea buddy’ (£7.50) to carry your biscuits of choice. It’s not a budget range by any means, but I’d recommend it for an indulgent, stylish addition to your kitchen or even your office drawer – it makes a fresh tasting, good looking, eye catching cup of tea with no waste.
And if you fancy having a go at making lavender shortbread yourself, here’s what to do:
- 140g plain flour
- 45g finely ground cornmeal
- 130g unsalted butter
- 100g lavender sugar
Or if you can’t get lavender sugar:
- 1 tsp of edible lavender
- 100g sugar
- If you’re making your own lavender sugar, mix the lavender and sugar together and store in an airtight container overnight
- Rub together the butter, flour and cornmeal
- Mix in 70g sugar until well combined, then knead the mix into a dough
- Make 16 inch wide flower shapes. I used a mould to do this, or you can also use a cutter or shape them by hand
- Place the biscuits on a greased baking tray, leaving space to spread
- Bake at 160C (140C fan assisted) for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool on the tray until firm, then sprinkle with some of the remaining sugar and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
I’m really pleased with the results. When I sat down to enjoy them with my T4ONE, it felt like one classy tea break.”
If you are interested in buying any Brabantia products online we have the full assortment here. Don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook for competitions, new product news and product care advice and we can answer any questions on Twitter too @Brabantialife.