New York’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is set to attract throngs of celebrities, designers, models and stylists over the next few days. So if you are looking for colour and style advice for your wardrobe and home then why not seek inspiration from some of the world’s greatest designers.
Dates: Thursday (first show: Nicholas K, 9 a.m. at the Studio at Lincoln Center) to Feb. 16 (last show: Bill Blass, 5 p.m. at the Union League Club).
Shows: There will be 90 shows and presentations at the Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week site at Lincoln Center, and around 250 more at sites scattered around the city, from Milk Studios to art galleries and makeshift presentation spaces across town.
Who’s going: 100,000 attendees, including 4,000 registered journalists and members of the international fashion industry.
How to get in: Sadly no tickets are sold to the public and for most shows, you have to be invited. But the good news is 28 shows are now being live-streamed at youtube.com/liverunway, including:
- Jill Stuart (Saturday, 11 a.m.)
- Diane Von Furstenberg (Sunday, 4 p.m.)
- Narciso Rodriguez (Tuesday, 8 p.m.)
- Michael Kors (Feb. 15, 10 a.m.)
Also, 15 shows at Milk Studios are being live-streamed at milkmade.com, including:
- Peter Som (Friday, 10 a.m.)
- Alexander Wang (Saturday, 5 p.m.)
- Proenza Schouler (Feb. 15, 8 p.m.)
- Marc Jacobs (Monday at 8 p.m)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs the next day at 4 p.m. at marcjacobs.com.
Creative commons thanks to Art Comments.