As much as we are enjoying the Summer florals and bright colour blocking here at Brabantia, the fashion and interiors world is never one to stand still and our minds are now thinking about Autumnal colours.
Pantone have released the Autumn shades and we have fallen in love with them already! “Designers take a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Much like a painter’s masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season’s palette.”
Here are some of the key colours to watch out for:
- Bamboo, a surprising fall hue, brings a warm, exotic flavor to the season. Like a filtered sunset on the waning days of fall, Bamboo is a standout yellow with a subtle green undertone.
- Emberglow, a traditional autumnal tone, emanates the warmth of a glowing fire – the perfect panacea to the crisp air of fall. Combine Emberglow with Coffee Liqueúr for a classic look, or with Honeysuckle for something a bit more retro.
- Honeysuckle – a playful, reddish pink that works with any other color in the palette, especially fall staples like Coffee Liqueúr and Nougat. To add some intensity, pair it with complementary Bamboo.
- Phlox, a deep purple best added to this season’s neutrals to create a bit of drama, or combine it with Cedar, Deep Teal or Coffee Liqueúr for something extraordinary.
- Cedar is a versatile, mid-tone neutral green. It is a natural with Deep Teal, and sophisticated and timeless with Phlox or Orchid Hush.
- Deep Teal, a strong, blue-toned green, suggests ocean depths and the colour of the sky as daylight descends into darkness.
- Coffee Liqueúr brings a sense of elegance to fall, and is a savory alternative to basic black.
- Nougat is tastefully embellished by Phlox, Emberglow or Honeysuckle.
- Orchid Hush, a unique tone of gray with orchid undertones.
- Quarry, a medium gray – a practical, dependable staple.
Don’t forget to join our Brabantia Fan Page too at www.facebook.com/brabantialife where news, views, trends, tips and competitions are shared.
Creative Commons thanks to Rocco Lucia for the banner image!