On average, women spend over 2 hours and 30 minutes a day doing housework: cooking, washing up, cleaning and ironing – 1 hour and 30 minutes more than men. And, out of all the household chores, ironing is widely considered to be an unavoidable one!
So, why not jazz up your ironing table with one of our heat-resistant (max. 220°C) silicon iron pads – a flexible mobile ‘parking’ place for the iron, protecting the cover on your ironing table.
Here are a few ironing tips from Creative Homewares to muse over:
- Use rainwater or distilled water in your iron’s water reservoir as an ironing help tip to give your clothes a nicer feel.
- If you are going to wear a sweater, you can get away with only ironing the collar.
- Hang your shirts up promptly on a hanger after ironing to keep from wrinkling the shirt. Be sure to button the top and center buttons.
- If you are working with a garment that is extra thick, iron the inside of the garment. Then work on the outside.
- Always properly maintain your iron according to the directions in your owner’s manual. This will prevent you from damaging your garments. It may also help your ironing to look as neatly as you want it to.
- Be sure to read the instruction labels on each article of clothing you plan to iron. Ignoring the warnings printed there can be a disastrous experience.
Please let us know if you have any other tips on making household chores more fun!
Brabantia products are available from leading retailers, including high street department stores, superstores, quality independent housewares and kitchen product specialists. For stockist details, please contact the Brabantia sales department on 01275 819119 or visit Brabantia’s website www.brabantia.com.
Don’t forget to join our Brabantia Fan Page too at www.facebook.com/brabantialife where news, views, trends, tips and competitions are shared.