Over the next few months we are going to be answering some of our top customer queries. This week we are answering the questions: What’s the best way to clean my Brabantia bin and how to clean stainless steel items?
Here are some of our top tips on how to clean stainless steel Brabantia products:
- Matt brushed stainless steel is best cleaned with a micro fibre cloth and a glass cleaner
- A drop of olive oil on a dry cloth also removes marks easily and also slows down the appearance of new marks like fingerprints
- Many people also swear by baby oil for stainless steel products and it has a nice smell too.
- Glass cleaners when cleaning stainless steel can be effective, but be sure to remove any excess to avoid smears.
- Remember, never use aggressive or abrasive cleaning agents, especially on plastic parts of the product
- For bright lacquered steel items, all you need is a damp cloth and universal cleaning liquid. Be careful not to use a caustic or abrasive agent.
- Whether you wash your matt steel cutlery by hand or in a dishwasher, it pays to wipe them dry afterwards with a soft cloth to prevent air spots and enhance the shine.
Brabantia’s Stainless Steel Cleaning Set, a dynamic duo of two high performance cloths for cleaning brushed and brilliant steel with just water, is the ideal way to keep your items in pristine condition! Use the grey microfibre cloth for initial clean up, as it’s millions of tiny fibres will pick up and lock in dirt and grease from the surface. Then finish with the drying cloth to polish your items, leaving them shiny and clean, as they were designed to be.
It’s easy to keep your items looking as good as the day you bought them by showing them a little tender loving care every now and again but should you tire of cleaning finger prints from the children on your stainless steel products you may also find our range of Fingerprint Proof bins useful too! The small additional cost may well save you time and energy!
If you have any tips or ideas on how to clean stainless steel appliances that we haven’t mentioned then please leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to look at all our latest product and How To Customer videos on YouTube. We’ve created a series of How To and product information videos to help you get the most out of your Brabantia products.